Patagonia Capilene Baselayer Clothing
Patagonia Capilene has under gone a complete revamping of the popular base layer clothing. Along with a new upgrade to the Patagonia Capilene clothing line they have renamed the new line: Capilene One, Capilene Two, Capilene Three, and Capilene Four. Capilene Baselayer clothing is perfect for all types of outdoor activities including sailing, boating, biking, hiking, skiing or other outdoor activities and is the ideal baselayer clothing for SLAM, Gill and Musto Foul Weather Gear.
Patagonia Capilene baselayers are the best option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Patagonia Capilene performance characteristics:
- Quick to wick, quick to dry
- Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities
- Now with Gladiodor™ natural odor control
- Made with recycled polyester
- 100% recyclable*
- Machine washable
Patagonia offers four Capilene fabrics:
- Capilene 1 is the silkiest and can be worn alone or as a baselayer.
- Capilene 2 is a great weight for aerobic use in mild to cool conditions. Good for baselayer in moderate temperatures.
- Capilene 3 is a versatile, do it all baselayer for active use in cool to cold conditions. Great baselayer for SLAM Foul Weather Gear.
- Capilene 4 is our warmest Capilene fabric. It features an inside-facing grid pattern that disperses moisture, aids in compressibility and retains warmth in cold conditions. The perfect baselayer for extreme foul weather conditions. Perfect with any SLAM Foul Weather Gear.
When to choose Capilene polyester over Wool:
- For more fast-forward, aerobic activities
- For hot-weather activities (Capilene® 1)
- For a quicker-drying fabric
- If you have an allergy to wool
- Both fabrics move moisture away from the skin, provide environmentally safe odor control, and are machine washable
Capilene baselayers are now recycled and recyclable:
- Made with more than 50% recycled polyester, derived in roughly equal measures from soda bottles and fabric scraps
- 100% recyclable through our Common Threads Recycling Program
- By Spring 2007 Capilene fabrics will include old Capilene garments (recycled into virgin-grade polyester) collected through our Common Threads Recycling Program
Here is a video on the R&D for Capilene 3
If you have any questions on Patagonia Capilene Baselayer clothing please contact us.